Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blackened Tilapia Tacos

We had absolutely NO FOOD in our fridge this morning when I got up because I have been putting off grocery shopping for a week or so. My hubby and I wanted to try and use up everything that we had in our freezer and pantry so we have had a lot of creative meals this past week. So this morning the LAST thing in our freezer that needed to be used (other than some venison) was a bag of tilapia. I am not a big fan of fish but since we had committed to using everything I decided to tackle my fish cooking phobia. As I was searching away on Pinterest an ad came on for the new Ruby Tuesday menu and BAM Blackened Tilapia stood out! My favorite recipe that I found was from the blog Sarcastic Cooking because it looked delicious and the ingredients were simple. The only thing that I changed was I topped my taco with sour cream and tomatoes.

The PINspiration

Blackened Tilapia Tacos 
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
½ Teaspoon Paprika
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Pepper
¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
¼ Teaspoon Cumin
3 Tilapia Filets
1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Avocado
4 Whole Wheat Tacos
1Combine the dry seasonings in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Lightly dust each side of the tilapia filets with the seasoning blend.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tilapia to the pan and cook the tilapia for five minutes on each side.
3. Warm the tortillas. Smash a little bit of avocado on each tortilla. Place a half of a tilapia filet on to each taco. Break the filet apart a little bit. Serve with a little bit of fresh pico de  gallo or salsa and some jalapeno slices.
http://www.sarcasticcooking.com/2012/06/20/blackened-tilapia-tacos/

 My Turnout




I burned the tortilla, so it had a little bit of a burnt flavor, which I would not recommend

My handsome hubby saying, "YUM, these are actually pretty good" Like he doubted me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment